Jun 28, 2009

Is it Summer yet?

Yup.

photo

Truth be told, I'm not a big fan of summer and the heat. I grew up in San Francisco, spoiled by the fog, and cool breeze pretty much year round. After living in Davis, and now San Ramon, I still can't get used to this heat.

On the other hand, the kids can't seem to distinguish between super hot or super cold, either that, or they just don't care. We woke up bright and early today, and it was already blazing hot by 9:30. Selina put the kids in their bathing suits, and proceeded with a hose down.

"WHO WANTS TO GET SPRAYED DOWN?!?!"

summer_0001

summer_0003

summer_0004

"YOUR TURN!"

summer_0006

(ps, I'm trying loading larger images, if you are having trouble viewing, please let me know)

8 comments:

  1. I'm in San Leandro and it's not as hot here but it's still pretty bad. The good news? We have a central air conditioner unit. The bad news? It's sitting in our driveway, boxed, ready to be installed in a few days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would give a lot to have just one day of that weather , though :) live in Poland - the summer is pretty bad this year. looks that your girls had so much fun with the water :) Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love the larger images! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! As a father of two girls and (newb) photographer, I am in awe of your work. Well done! Was this a tilt-shift lens?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doug, hope you got your air installed, it's still in the 90's here.

    agnieszkag, we should exchange homes for a few days, it'll make us appreciate what we already have ; )

    Thanks Kristen!

    Hi Randy, this was indeed a tilt shift lens, the Canon 45 TSE to be exact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jason, thanks for visting and commenting on my blog!

    I am already a big fan of your blog and have read all about your gorgeous little girls. they are just the cutest and reading about their antics never fail to make me laugh.

    Hope you don't mind that I used one of your photos on my blog. if you do, I'll take it off straightaway! Just let me know.

    Cheers
    Trish

    http://www.trishiekoh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jason,

    So I am going to ask the question on everyone's mind... How did you let the girls shoot water directly at you and your gear? :-D
    - Paul
    www.pkbvisions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paul, I know what's on your mind...It's only a Canon, who cares if it gets wet? ; )

    ReplyDelete